The CPSA has now announced that shooting grounds opening for practice is in line with the Government’s lifting of lockdown measures.
Kelbrook will be opening using a pre-booking only system for general practice shooting from Tuesday 19th May. We're sorry but no gun fits, lessons or itinerary’s at this stage.
Please see the protocols below as to how it will work going forwards:
(1) - You must first contact us and pre-book an available arrival time, which are at 15 minutes intervals. You will then have 90 minutes to conclude your shooting.
Spaces are limited as we will be carefully monitoring how may shooters are on site.
Please call/text/email/FB messenger to book your time slot.
Email / Txt / FB messenger (you will need a reply to consider your booking confirmed).
Please do not arrive without having pre-booked a slot as we may be full and unable to accommodate you.
As before shooting must finish by 5pm Tuesday - Saturday and 3pm on Sundays.
(2) - At your booked time and not before, 1 person please collect your card counter from the shop. If you arrive more than 10 mins late it may be that your slot may not go ahead or will be delayed.
(3) - Maximum attendees per booking:
6 Persons - recent regulation changes now allow people from mixed households to participate together in outdoor sport.
Social distancing regulations must still be adhered to.
(4) - Cartridges will be available to collect on arrival. Please have your shotgun certificate available to show.
(5) - Please use the mist spray disinfectant (which has been tested to be effective against Coronavirus) available on each stand to disinfectant the buttons. There is also a hand sanitiser dispenser (73% alcohol) on every stand.
This process should be repeated for every stand.
(6) - Please follow the CPSA’s "shoot and go" policy ie no socialising.
(7) - The clubhouse will remain closed so please bring your own refreshments which should be consumed in your car.
The retail side of the shop is also closed for the time being until further retail restrictions are lifted. Toilet facilities are available.
(8) - When you have finished shooting please drop your counter into the shop. ONE person permitted at a time in the shop. Please form a queue at the traffic bollards set 2m apart outside the shop until you can enter.
(9) - If you have not pre-paid please use a non-contact form of payment such as card or Apple/Google Pay or have the exact cash available. Please use the hand sanitizer in the shop before touching the card machine or handling money.
(10) - Please be considerate to other people using the facilities and respect social distancing guidelines.
(11) - Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are feeling unwell or have any COVID19 symptoms.
We hope that you are all well and look forward to seeing you again at Kelbrook and we will be thinking of those who decide to stay at home.
Penny, Aaron and Michael